Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Hans Gilde <hg...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/20 06:32:32 UTC

[jelly] RC2?

I couldn't fix the problems with my weak ref implementation, so I tweaked
Paul's fix a little to make it thread safe and better for inheritance.

Anyway, the memory leak is gone and all unit tests pass after many
iterations.

Are we ready for an RC2 and, hopefully, a quick release of version 1?

Hans

Re: [jelly] RC2?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
FileTag is in core which I presume would be released along Jelly...
Or did someone plan to release jelly-core separately ?

paul

RE: [jelly] RC2?

Posted by Hans Gilde <hg...@earthlink.net>.
I'm for fixing JELLY-177 and JELLY-196 (haven't really looked at 196, just
the description). 191 is for a TagLib, so it would be released separately
anyway.

The code for JELLY-177 looks good when copied verbatim. I did a couple of
Servlet tests but nothing that could be automated without Cactus. Will
commit this tonight or tomorrow after a little more testing.

Hans

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.

RE: [jelly] RC2?

Posted by Hans Gilde <hg...@earthlink.net>.
Although, if JellyContext goes out of scope it should have the same effect.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
As simple as that:

RE: [jelly] RC2?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You'd need to build Maven from CVS HEAD to use the latest version of Jelly (it
is currently set to beta-4, but I've tried it with RC2-SNAPSHOT as well - was
just waiting for the release to update).

maven multiproject:site for jelly-tags should do it.

IIRC, the project is disposed of, so the jellycontext's should also be (I mean
garbage collected here - nothing explicit is done). However, I haven't looked at
that in a year.

If there's a way to tell a context to clean up as it is going out of scope, that
could definitely be added.

- Brett

RE: [jelly] RC2?

Posted by Hans Gilde <hg...@earthlink.net>.