Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Henrik Hegardt <he...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/01 12:10:48 UTC

Ratis protocol improvements

Hi everyone,

I'm evaluating this library, and I have a few questions about the future of
this library. One thing I'm looking for is the ability for a cluster member
to join the cluster, but isn't eligible to vote until a certain condition
is met. Is it possible with the current implementation of this library? In
etcd this is called a "Learner"
https://kubernetes.io/blog/2019/08/30/announcing-etcd-3-4/. Also that blog
addresses a problem of a member that's behaving bad and trigger unnecessary
elections. I'm not sure if you are aware of this yet, but if you are, are
you looking into this?

Regards Henrik