Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com> on 2010/09/10 19:52:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.1.0-incubating

This is the first incubator release for Apache Whirr, version 0.1.0-incubating.

It fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12315111&styleName=Html&projectId=12311110

*** Please download, test and vote by Tuesday 14 September

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided
for convenience.

Source and binary files:
http://people.apache.org/~tomwhite/whirr-releases/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewhirr-009

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/whirr/tags/release-0.1.0-incubating

Note that the Incubator PMC needs to vote upon the release after a
successful PPMC vote before any release can be made official.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: [VOTE] Release Whirr version 0.1.0-incubating

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
+1

I just checked out the branch and successfully ran the standalone tests as
well the live tests for hadoop, zookeeper, and cassandra.  All pass

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Based on checking signatures, licenses and running Hadoop from the CLI.

Tom

Posted by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>.
+1
based on download, building+testing and a basic look at the source tree.

/Johan

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
Thanks, Tom.  Really excited about this!
-adrian

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.