Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Harrison Curtis <hc...@xaware.com> on 2007/05/08 22:08:12 UTC

Thread Group never quits

I'm running JMeter 2.2, and it is working for us to load test our
server.  I have what appears to be a silly question, but it proves I do
not understand the Thread Group constraints.  If I set the thread count,
ramp up, and count to 1 then the Thread Group executes once as expected.
However, if I have the Thread Group with (5 threads), (100 ramp up), and
(1000 set for the Loop Count, the forever check box is not checked) it
seems to run forever.   For example I ran a test well past 10,000
iterations before I requested the test to stop.  The JMeter GUI will
stop the test when the Run|Stop menu item is selected.

What don't I understand about the Thread Group constraints?  Why did the
tests proceed beyond at max 1,000 (or 5,000 if it is per thread)?  Can
someone explain the settings of the Thread Group?

Regards,
Bud Curtis
(719)884-5443

Re: Thread Group never quits

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Each thread should only run for as many iterations as specified. What
happens if you try say 5 threads and 10 loops?