Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Anton Krall <ak...@intruder.com.mx> on 2004/11/01 17:30:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache question

Guys.. Anybody know an app that would help me view in realtime how many
users are connected to my apache and what url they are viewing? Any ideas?
This has to be in realtime ..I want to know how many users I have online and
since I have virtual sites... How many users, what urls are they viewing and
from which virtual site...

In other word, any graphical interface to the server-status info?

Any ideas?

------------------------------------
Intruder Consulting
Anton Krall
Director General
akrall@intruder.com.mx
tel: 5781-5112
mobile: 1325-3511

RE: [users@httpd] Apache question

Posted by Anton Krall <ak...@intruder.com.mx>.
The idea is in fact take certain actions if We identify certain trends..

> Guys.. Anybody know an app that would help me view in realtime how
> many users are connected to my apache and what url they are viewing? Any
ideas?
> This has to be in realtime ..I want to know how many users I have
> online and since I have virtual sites... How many users, what urls are
> they viewing and from which virtual site...

Why is there such a concern to see this access in real time, by the time you
launch a browser, look at the page and before you refresh that page, they
are likley on a new page or logged out.  Are you going to monitor this 24/7?

I'm not doubting your need, and i'm sure you have reasons for what you want.

I'm just questioning the realtime need vs the reality of realtime visibility
into the pages that folks are on.

What do you intend to do with the data?  Will you take certian actions if
you see certian trends?

Jeff

Posted by jdyke <jd...@azimapower.com>.