Posted to user@excalibur.apache.org by peter royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2005/07/22 11:53:49 UTC

RC builds

i started doing some RC builds while at apachecon, they're available at:

http://people.apache.org/~proyal/dist/

i only have framework, logkit and logger up now.

compiled with JDK 1.4 on OSX. if someone needs 1.3 just holler (or
compile from the src distro)

will work on the rest when i return home, in about 10 days.
-pete

--
peter royal

Re: RC builds

Posted by "Sasvata (Shash) Chatterjee" <sh...@badfw.org>.
Once I dumped M$, and got on Fedora Core 4, things went a lot smoother :-)

I have built everything, available from:
http://people.apache.org/~shash/dist/

For the build "mavens" (read: Leo): I ran into two problems.
- I ran into this issue on every project in "components", documented in
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPTASKLIST-6 and
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPVDOCLET-1?rc=1.  The only way to avoid
it was to change project-common.xml and add a <report> section listing
the checkstyle plugin only, which bypassed the tasklist plugin.
- In components/datasource, the maven.xml defines some postgoals which
copy license files from components/buildsystem/site, which doesn't
exist.  I changed it temporarily to ${basedir}/, and was able to move
on.  Question:  Do we need anything but the fortress-meta generation in
each project's maven.xml? A cleanup pass might be nice before the release.

Shash

Re: RC builds

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I just fixed an open issue in source resolver as well, so it would be
good to include this change in a release as well.

Carsten

Re: RC builds

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
peter royal schrieb:
> i started doing some RC builds while at apachecon, they're available at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~proyal/dist/
>
> i only have framework, logkit and logger up now.
>
> compiled with JDK 1.4 on OSX. if someone needs 1.3 just holler (or
> compile from the src distro)
>
> will work on the rest when i return home, in about 10 days.
> -pete

Great, Peter, thanks!

JDK 1.4 is fine for Cocoon; starting with 2.2 we are based on 1.4.

I just changed the LogKitLoggerManager in the logger framework (now you
can override configure in a subclass), I would like to have this change
included in the final release, if possible. Unfortunately it seems that
I won't have time in the next 10 days to test the releases :( but
hopefully in two weeks.

Thanks
Carsten

Re: RC builds