Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com> on 2010/05/04 17:26:54 UTC

SocketManager::close vs. SocketManager::fast_close

I can't see what the functional difference between these methods is,
other than close() printing an error message if the caller tries to
close STDIN (file descriptor 0). Surely that check isn't enough to
make one "fast" and the other not.

Re: SocketManager::close vs. SocketManager::fast_close

Posted by George Paul <ge...@apache.org>.
There were fast path(s) in the SocketXXX code when used with a kernel
non-native BSD-TCP stack on certain platforms. In the current "cleansed"
code base this is no longer applicable/supported.

-George