Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Dan Edwards <da...@contactpt.com> on 2000/08/23 19:51:33 UTC

Newbie questions

I'm new to SOAP and I'm having a few problems with 2.0.  Hopefully someone
can point me to the right resources or answer my dumb questions.

I downloaded SOAP 2.0 and installed it under Tomcat 3.1.  I also downloaded
Xerces 1.1.3.  I can get to the administrator, but I have no 'rpcrouter'
servlet defined.

I attempted to build SOAP, but I get compile errors.  They all seem to be
related to the XML objects.  The first error occurs
org.apache.soap.AttributeHandler.  'getNamespaceURI' is not a method of
or.w3c.dom.Attr.

In looking at the apiDocs for both 1.1.3 and 1.1.2 Xerces, org.w3c.dom.Attr
does not support this method.  Instead, it is supported by
org.apache.xerces.dom.AttrNSImpl.

Am I missing something basic or have I left something out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Edwards, President
Contact Point Technologies
(770) 453-9990 x318
http://www.contactpt.com

RE: Newbie questions

Posted by "George Austin (BenefitsXML)" <ga...@benefitsxml.com>.
I am a bit confused regarding the role rpcrouter.jsp file.  If it is not to
be used...why is it referenced in the wasbrokerstart.bat file in the
wstk-1.1\bin directory.  I am trying to get SOAP to run under IBM WebSphere
App Server 3.5 with the IBM HTTP Server 1.3.12 on a MS Windows 2000 box.

Using the directions "Deploying the Web Services Broker on IBM WebSphere
Application Server 3.5" I am able to install the service broker, although it
has a hard coded "e:\" for the working directory in the wasinstall.xml file.
But when I try to start the broker I get the following error:

Please refer to attached screen capture

George Austin
BenefitsXML, Inc.

Posted by George Lo <gl...@annuncio.com>.
Hello,

I am wondering how to do it for iplanet web server?
Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks

George Lo

RE: Newbie questions

RE: Newbie questions

Re: Newbie questions

Re: Newbie questions

Re: Newbie questions

Posted by Andreas Grau <a....@tu-harburg.de>.
Sorry:
try

Posted by Andreas Grau <a....@tu-harburg.de>.
Sorry:
try

RE: Newbie questions

RE: Newbie questions

Re: Newbie questions

Re: Newbie questions

RE: Newbie questions

Posted by Dan Edwards <da...@contactpt.com>.
Thanks for all your help.

It turns out I had originally installed the 1.1 'soap.jar'.  When I
downloaded 2.0, I didn't overwrite 'soap.jar' in my tomcat lib directory.
Just another 'stupid user trick.'

Thanks again for all your help.

Dan

RE: Newbie questions

Posted by Tony Hong <to...@usa.net>.
The only two things you need in your classpath are actually the xerces and
servlet jar files.   The servlet jar is needed to compile
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet , which extends HttpServlet.

Tony

Tony Hong
Director, B2B Integration
thong@ventro.com