Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/10/08 19:04:06 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "首页" by clarkyzl

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "首页" page has been changed by clarkyzl:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/%E9%A6%96%E9%A1%B5?action=diff&rev1=3&rev2=4

+ Apache Hadoop is a Java software framework that supports data intensive distributed applications under a free license.[1] It enables applications to work with thousands of nodes and petabytes of data. Hadoop was inspired by Google's MapReduce and Google File System (GFS) papers.
- Big bug in Hadoop MapReduce!!!
- When I use too Many Counters in a big job(processing about 4T data, 1 billion record), I often encounter dead lock problems with jobtracker.
- I doubt that codes in jobtracker has a fucky dead lock. So agony!!!
- And during 3 months of hadoop running, I encounter so many 'read-only filesystem' under SUSE.
- if some nodes in read-only filesystem status, it will cause the job failed later.

- So agony!!!! Someone can discuss about it????
+ Hadoop is a top level Apache project, being built and used by a community of contributors from all over the world.[2] Yahoo! has been the largest contributor[3] to the project and uses Hadoop extensively in its web search and advertising businesses.[4] IBM and Google have announced a major initiative to use Hadoop to support university courses in distributed computer programming.[5]

+ Hadoop was created by Doug Cutting (now a Cloudera employee)[6], who named it after his child's stuffed elephant. It was originally developed to support distribution for the Nutch search engine project.[7]
+