Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de> on 2003/10/11 03:57:39 UTC

windows vs. file protocol paths

<map:match pattern="jh/**">
   <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="file:///D:/xml/sitemap.xmap"
uri-prefix="jh"/>
</map:match>

finds the sitemap and searches for referenced stylesheets in this
sitemap relative to *D:/xml* and so *finds* the stylesheets.

<map:match pattern="jh/**">
   <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="D:\xml\sitemap.xmap" uri-prefix="jh"/>
</map:match>

finds the sitemap and searches for referenced stylesheets in this
sitemap relative to *webapp's context* and *does not find* them.

I don't know if this is a new "feature", but at least the behaviour
should be consistent: either Windows paths are allowed (and do work) or
not. I guess somebody knows where to fix it?

Joerg

Re: windows vs. file protocol paths

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
On 11.10.2003 04:08, David Crossley wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>><map:match pattern="jh/**">
>>   <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="file:///D:/xml/sitemap.xmap"
>>uri-prefix="jh"/>
>></map:match>
>>
>>finds the sitemap and searches for referenced stylesheets in this
>>sitemap relative to *D:/xml* and so *finds* the stylesheets.
>>
>><map:match pattern="jh/**">
>>   <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="D:\xml\sitemap.xmap" uri-prefix="jh"/>
>></map:match>
>>
>>finds the sitemap and searches for referenced stylesheets in this
>>sitemap relative to *webapp's context* and *does not find* them.
>>
>>I don't know if this is a new "feature", but at least the behaviour
>>should be consistent: either Windows paths are allowed (and do work) or
>>not. I guess somebody knows where to fix it?
>>
>>Joerg
>

> Nothing new, it has always been like that - you must use file:// URLs
> See explanation here:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#File%3A+URLs
>
> --David

I have no problem with it, I only wonder why it works for the sitemap
mount itself.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.