Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 2000/01/13 20:43:19 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS

>    2. Unless there are any -1 votes, I say we commit Ryan's
>       '-Ae' patch for HPUX.

Be aware that -Ae has been added and removed several times in
the past due to differences in installs and compiler versions.
Check the mail archive for messages in 1996, 1997, and 1998.

If you add it, you will need to test it as well.  I have no idea
which state of brokenness should be preferred as the default.

....Roy

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS

Posted by rb...@apache.org.
> >    2. Unless there are any -1 votes, I say we commit Ryan's
> >       '-Ae' patch for HPUX.
>
> Be aware that -Ae has been added and removed several times in
> the past due to differences in installs and compiler versions.
> Check the mail archive for messages in 1996, 1997, and 1998.
>
> If you add it, you will need to test it as well.  I have no idea
> which state of brokenness should be preferred as the default.

As things stand now, I can't compile at all without -Ae on HPUX because of
long long variables.  I think if we can't compile without it, then we need
to add the -Ae option.  It doesn't get much more broken than not
compiling.  :-)

Thanks for the warning though,

Ryan

6209 H Shanda Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27609		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.