Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz> on 2002/12/23 18:29:42 UTC

Download failure from writing direct to response OutputStream

Hi all,

My turbine app adds files selected for download to a zipfile and writes
the zip direct to the response outputstream. I have set content-type,
content-length and content-disposition headers before the respnse is
committed. Files are downloading ok to a range of browsers including
netscape, mozilla and various Internet Explorer versions on a range of
windows OS's. However, I have come across a laptop with IE5.5 on MS
Windows 95, which refuses to download the zipfile but puts the name of
the turbine action class with .htm appended to it into the location
selecteion dialog, which results in an empty file. For content-type I
have tried application/zip and application/octet-stream, with no change
in outcome.

Can anyone suggest a reason for this or point me in the right direction.
Many thanks for any assistance.

Seasons Greetings to all.

Peter

Re: Download failure from writing direct to response OutputStream

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Thanks Colin,

I'll look into this.

I will let you know when I get an answer.

Peter

Posted by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl>.