Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com> on 2006/09/13 00:01:19 UTC

Is DAV deployment working for anyone using Windows Authentication

My situation:

*  Several hundred users that are managed by a Windows Domain.
*  IIS running that serves DAV out for my internal release and snapshot
repositories as
       http://m2proxy/internal_release
       http://m2proxy/internal_snapshot
*  The following added to my pom:

<build>
    <extensions>
      <extension>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
      </extension>
    </extensions>
  </build>

  <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
        <id>m2proxy</id>
          <url>dav:http://m2proxy/inhouse_release/</url>
    </repository>
  </distributionManagement>

*  The following in my settings.xml:
<settings>
    <servers>
        <server>
            <id>m2proxy</id>
            <username>OURDOMAIN\\myuser</username>
            <password>MyUserPassword</password>
        </server>
    </servers>
.
.
.
</settings>

According to some folks on here, WebDAV deployment is working fine.
However, I consistently get the following error trying to deploy

[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
http://m2proxy.sungardebs.com/inhouse_release/javax/xml/plugins/maven-jaxrpc-plugin/1.1.3/maven-jaxrpc
-plugin-1.1.3.jar. Return code is: 401 Unauthorized

Debug info is at the bottom of this message

I've tried multiple variations of the username, which is often the real
problem with NT
            <username>OURDOMAIN\\myuser</username>

--- DEBUG Info ---

[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-1
[DEBUG] not adding permissions to wagon connection
Uploading:
http://m2proxy.sungardebs.com/inhouse_release//javax/xml/plugins/maven-jaxrpc-plugin/1.1.3/maven-jaxrpc-plugin-1.1.3.jar
Sep 12, 2006 4:48:37 PM
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBaseprocessAuthenticationResponse
WARNING: Credentials cannot be used for NTLM authentication:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials
[...]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
http://m2proxy.sungardebs.com/inhouse_release/javax/xml/plugins/maven-jaxrpc-plugin/1.1.3/maven-jaxrpc
-plugin-1.1.3.jar. Return code is: 401 Unauthorized

[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error deploying
artifact: Failed to transfer file:
http://m2proxy.sungardebs.com/inhouse_release/javax/x
ml/plugins/maven-jaxrpc-plugin/1.1.3/maven-jaxrpc-plugin-1.1.3.jar. Return
code is: 401 Unauthorized
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java
:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error deploying
artifact: Failed to transfer file:
http://m2proxy.sungardebs.com/inhouse_release/java
x/xml/plugins/maven-jaxrpc-plugin/1.1.3/maven-jaxrpc-plugin-1.1.3.jar.
Return code is: 401 Unauthorized
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.deploy.DeployMojo.execute(DeployMojo.java
:145)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(
DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.ArtifactDeploymentException:
Error deploying artifact: Failed to transfer file:
http://m2proxy.sungardebs.com/inho
use_release/javax/xml/plugins/maven-jaxrpc-plugin/1.1.3/maven-
jaxrpc-plugin-1.1.3.jar. Return code is: 401 Unauthorized
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy
(DefaultArtifactDeployer.java:91)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.deploy.DeployMojo.execute(DeployMojo.java
:133)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Failed to
transfer file:
http://m2proxy.sungardebs.com/inhouse_release/javax/xml/plugins/maven-jaxrpc
-plugin/1.1.3/maven-jaxrpc-plugin-1.1.3.jar. Return code is: 401
Unauthorized
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.webdav.WebDavWagon.put(
WebDavWagon.java:288)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putRemoteFile(
DefaultWagonManager.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putArtifact
(DefaultWagonManager.java:109)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy
(DefaultArtifactDeployer.java:77)
        ... 19 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 7 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Sep 12 16:48:37 CDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 8M/14M
[INFO]

I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.

Re: Is DAV deployment working for anyone using Windows Authentication

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.
Sorry.  Didn't manage to finish my question because of an odd IE-ism.

The actual question was has anyone successfully used IIS served DAV that
uses Domain authentication to do deployments?