Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Moore <tm...@blackboard.com> on 2002/10/04 01:17:38 UTC

Tomcat 4.1 + IIS/isapi_redirect.dll + WebDAV

I've got IIS 5 going through isapi_redirect.dll to Tomcat 4.1.12, and
I'm using the WebDAV servlet.

Using MSIE Web Folders, I cannot connect to the WebDAV share this way. I
get a 403 "Forbidden" error back.
The IIS log shows this:
22:57:59 127.0.0.1 PROPFIND /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll 403
and it appears that Tomcat isn't even seeing the request

If I bypass IIS by going straight to Tomcat over the HTTP connector on
port 8080, everything's fine.

If I use DAVExplorer instead of Web Folders, it works either way.

So my first question is: does anyone use this kind of setup
successfully? Or does anyone have any experience or advice that might
relate to this? Thanks in advance.

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863