Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Michael Prichard <mi...@mac.com> on 2007/12/10 19:30:26 UTC

Extracting Comments & Revisions...

Can I use POI to extract comments and revisions?  Can it also pull
other document properties?  I can currently extract all text.....

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Extracting Comments & Revisions...

Posted by Michael Prichard <mi...@mac.com>.
what about...

org.apache.poi.hpsf.SummaryInformation

I see getComments and getRevNumber......are these what I need?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Michael Prichard wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007, at 2:01 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Michael Prichard wrote:
>>> Can I use POI to extract comments and revisions?
>>
>> Depends on which file format you're interested in?
>
> I am interested in pulling from Word 2003 documents......

hwpf doesn't currently support comments, so you'll only be able to get
text and the document metadata

Nick

Re: Extracting Comments & Revisions...

Posted by Michael Prichard <mi...@mac.com>.
On Dec 10, 2007, at 2:01 PM, Nick Burch wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Michael Prichard wrote:
>> Can I use POI to extract comments and revisions?
>
> Depends on which file format you're interested in?

I am interested in pulling from Word 2003 documents......

thanks!

Re: Extracting Comments & Revisions...

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.