Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jim VanEtten <jv...@bible14.org> on 2003/05/16 22:24:47 UTC

Integration into a Single Sign on Solution

We are looking at Jetspeed as a possible Enterprise Portal Solution. We
have a single sign on solution that we need to integrate into Jetspeed.
Basically this solution sits infront of the web application and monitors
all traffic. It authenticates against our central user repository and then
sets an encrypted session cookie and sets the username as the Remote_User
ENV variable.

Has anyone ever done something similar? If so where should I start. Can I
have Jetspeed trust the Remote_User variable and if there is an account
matching give them their portal setup. If there is no account it will jump
them to the new account page to setup their portal??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim