Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Vicente de Rivera III <th...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/01 10:03:33 UTC

Re: Layout managers

How about a BoxPane that fills both vertically and horizontally? The same as
a TablePane with 1* width column and a couple of 1* height row.

Right now in my code, I have lots of TablePane code, I was hoping if there's
a better way.

btw, took me sometime to figure out that wrapText for Labels that has a
parent BoxPane, works only if the parent BoxPane has an orientation and the
style fill:true

Re: Layout managers

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
If you're using table panes with only 1 row and column, then perhaps you
don't need them at all - can you send a snippet of WTKX so we can have a
look at your specific case?

Re: Layout managers

Posted by Vicente de Rivera III <th...@gmail.com>.
If the Label is contained in a TablePane (even if the Label is contained in
a BoxPane w/c is contained by the TablePane), the column where it is located
should have a width or 1*, it won't work if it's -1

Re: Layout managers

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
BoxPane actually used to support that behavior, but it was refactored out in Pivot 1.3 since it was superfluous (TablePane is a better way to achieve this type of layout).