Posted to users@maven.apache.org by george_bancos <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/15 18:19:51 UTC

Re: Exploded WAR in exploded EAR

I could achieve this by configuring the ear plugin like this:

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                   <unpackTypes>war</unpackTypes>

<workDirectory>E:\Programs\JBoss510\server\default\deploy\ejb3Test2.ear</workDirectory>
                 </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
You can also activate that on a module per module basis[1]

Cheers,
Stéphane

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/examples/unpacking-a-module.html

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM, george_bancos <ge...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> I could achieve this by configuring the ear plugin like this:
>
>    <build>
>        <plugins>
>            <plugin>
>                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
>                <configuration>
>                   <unpackTypes>war</unpackTypes>
>

> <workDirectory>E:\Programs\JBoss510\server\default\deploy\ejb3Test2.ear</workDirectory>
>                 </configuration>
>            </plugin>
>        </plugins>
>    </build>
>

> brianwainwright wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently trying to move my teams large
> > multi-project/multi-webapp/multi-ear application from Maven 1.x to Maven
> > 2, and overcome most of the problems I've had on the way, but there's one
> > issue I can't work out.
> >
> > Our current (Maven 1.x) build, we have a customized goal which produces
> an
> > exploded ear which in turn contains an exploded war - (our current
> > practise is for developers to deploy fully exploded ears/wars on their
> own
> > JBoss servers while developing.).  We do this by "unwar"ing any bundled
> > war dependencies in the exploded ear.
> >
> > Is there any (simple) way to produce the same kind of fully exploded ear
> > in M2?
> >
> > I've looked at war:exploded, which will build the exploded war, but then
> > the ear plugin will look for the .war artifact in the repository when
> > trying to bundle it's dependencies, so the exploded war wouldn't be used
> > when packaging the ear?
> >
> > I've also looked at the maven-explosion plugin, which could possibly work
> > for us, but it seems inefficient to war/ear the original artifacts and
> > then unpack them to explode them when their exploded directories already
> > exist.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> >
> > Brian Wainwright
> > Developer
> > Burns E-Commerce
> > Mansion House, Manchester Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4RJ, UK
> > http://www.burnsecs.com
> > mailto:brian.wainwright@burnsecs.com

Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one, you
suck" -- S.Yegge