Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by James Bognar <ja...@apache.org> on 2017/07/03 18:54:16 UTC

Copyright year in sample code.

During the previous release, one of the IPMC members mentioned seeing
"Copyright (c) 2016, Apache Foundation" in our documentation.  I tracked it
down to sample code....

Feed feed =
   feed("tag:juneau.apache.org", "Juneau ATOM specification",
"2016-01-02T03:04:05Z")
   .rights("Copyright (c) 2016, Apache Foundation")

This isn't a real copyright.  It's an example of using a copyright in Atom
feeds.

Do these need to be updated every year?  If so, should I replace them with
some other copyright?  (e.g. Foobar Foundation?)

Re: Copyright year in sample code.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
James,

I would reach out on the general list and confirm that this is what they
saw (I'm assuming this was a comment from Justin).  If this is the issue, I
would recommend changing it some invalid dates and a fictitious company to
avoid any confusion from reviewers.

E.g. 1955 - 1971, Fake Atom Enterprises

John