Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Adam Lee <al...@neuropace.com> on 2004/02/12 01:15:13 UTC

Flood and cookies

Hello Everyone -

I apologize if I am emailing this to wrong place; I'm new to using software from Apache. I have a question about using flood. I've scoured the Apache web site for an answer to my question, but couldn't find it. I've successfully installed flood and run some simple tests using the examples provided. What I need to do is propogate cookies; recieve cookies from my web server and then pass them back in subsequent requests. The Flood Design Document at http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/httpd-test/flood/DESIGN?content-type=text/plain&only_with_tag=HEAD says in Functional Requirements 3.c that load testing a set of URLs in sequence with cookie propogation is a function intended to be incorporated into flood. Is this currently incorporated? If so, could someone give me an example of the xml needed.

Thank you - Adam

Re: Flood and cookies

Posted by Jacek Prucia <ja...@acn.waw.pl>.
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:15:13 -0800
"Adam Lee" <al...@neuropace.com> wrote:

[...]
> What I need to do is propogate cookies; recieve cookies from my web server
and then pass them back in subsequent requests.

Then you are all set (sort of). Flood stores all received cookies, and sends
them all with subsequent requests. No matter what 'path' or 'expire'
parameters original cookie had, it will be send with all subsequent requests.
So for simple one-session-cookie style applications, this mechanism schould be
OK. More fine grained control (like respecting cookie parameters, and
preloading cookies in XML) is yet to be written.

If you intend to do some serious testing, then please use latest CVS sources,
and check http://cvs.apache.org/~jacekp/manual/ if you have trouble building
docs.

regards,
Jacek Prucia