Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/07/11 22:23:19 UTC

Another ISO Question

Hi,

When trying to kick a VM off based on an ISO, I see you have to pick the
Compute Offering and the Disk Offering (as opposed to just picking a
Compute Offering for a template).

What happens if the Compute Offering and Disk Offering you select have
incompatible Storage Tags?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Another ISO Question

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Either way, I think we have a usability problem here. :) It is not at all
obvious (without perhaps having to go to the docs) on what the behavior
will be.

I believe the problem here is related to Compute Offerings having knowledge
of storage. We talked a bit on the hackday at CCC 2013 about breaking this
dependency.

RE: Another ISO Question

Posted by Koushik Das <ko...@citrix.com>.

RE: Another ISO Question

Posted by Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>.

--
Advancing the way the world uses the cloud<http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>(tm)

Re: Another ISO Question

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.

Re: Another ISO Question

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
So, maybe I can ask you this, Ahmad:

I'm trying to deploy a VM to an ESX host based on an ISO (64-bit Ubuntu). I
have the Compute and Disk Offerings' Storage Tags fields set to use a local
datastore on this ESX host (it's the only Primary Storage with this Storage
Tag) (and I've even selected Local as the Storage Type for both my Compute
and Disk Offerings).

I continue to have failures in deploying my VM. The local datastore has 35
GB of space.

Any thought?

Thanks!

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Mike Tutkowski <

Re: Another ISO Question

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
OK, thanks.

Re: Another ISO Question