Posted to user@ant.apache.org by vale <va...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/12 22:43:58 UTC

problem trying to set individual tests timeout

Hi, I need to set individual test timeout. Im using the timeout option but
when the time is over for an individual test it does not continue the
execution of the rest of the suite. Any Idea what Im doing wrong? here is my
code:

<target name="runTest">
	        <mkdir dir="${junit.output.dir}"/>
	        <junit fork="true" forkmode="once" printsummary="withOutAndErr"
haltonfailure="false"
                           haltonerror="off" showoutput="true"
timeout="60000">
	            <formatter type="xml"/>
	            <test name="EjemploTest" todir="${junit.output.dir}"/>
	            <classpath refid="ejemplo.classpath"/>
	        </junit>
	    </target>

thanks in advance!

RE: problem trying to set individual tests timeout

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Be careful NOT to set forkMode to anything but 'never'
a OS that can take >2048 byte character assignment for the Task  would cut off the command buffer at 2048 e.g.

"java -classpath fu.jar;bar.jar....
2050 bytes later...
fubar.jar MyTest.class"

expect this command to FAIL on any OS that cut off command buffers >2048 characters

same hold true for maven-surefire-plugin <forkMode>
Martin Gainty
But on those occasions when I do strongly disagree
with the Democrats and I don't say anything, I think I forfeit my right
to have people pay attention to meB Frank....Newton MA

Posted by Laura Dean <lg...@cyrusinnovation.com>.