Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/12/02 09:16:23 UTC

Re: Javadoc Linking [Now with patch]

Surely there's a better way than copying the source.....
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> wrote on 30/11/2003
06:42:35 PM:

Re: Javadoc Linking - !!Baffling!!

Posted by Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com>.
* dion@multitask.com.au <di...@multitask.com.au> [2003-12-02 08:10]:

> Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> wrote on 30/11/2003
> 06:42:35 PM:
>
> > * Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> [2003-11-28
> 23:55]:
> > > * Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> [2003-11-27
> 21:41]:

> > > Still wondering...
> >
> > A patch is attached...

> Surely there's a better way than copying the source.....

I just pulled and build maven from cvs. Unlike the Javadoc at
http://maven.apache.org/apidocs/index.html, my local build of Maven
DID NOT generate cross-reference links to classes within the same
package under the package heirarchy of org.apache.maven.*

I've fixed this locally, by copying the Javadoc source files to a
temporary directory based on the includes and excludes. It seems
that the Javadoc Ant task will not generate cross-references when
source files are specified using a file set.

Of course, I could specify a link to the project Javadoc, but that
requires an absolute path and does not generate Javadoc suitable for
redistribution.

I've read the build.properties file that comes with Maven, I've
built Maven locally, I can't see why the Maven site has
cross-reference links and my checkout build doesn't.

Anyone? Anything?

Posted by Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com>.

Posted by Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com>.
* dion@multitask.com.au <di...@multitask.com.au> [2003-12-02 08:10]:
> Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> wrote on 30/11/2003
> 06:42:35 PM:
>
> > * Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> [2003-11-28
> 23:55]:
> > > * Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu <ja...@ajgdg.com> [2003-11-27
> 21:41]:

> > > Still wondering...
> >
> > A patch is attached...

> Surely there's a better way than copying the source.....

One would think. It seems that when files are specified with a file
set they are processed individually, or something. The links at
http://maven.apache.org/apidocs/ seem to be relative. What are
the settings used there?

--
Alain Javier Guarnieri del Gesu - javi@ajgdg.com