Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by hiba houimli <ho...@hotmail.fr> on 2011/04/26 01:20:58 UTC

run pig on hadoop

Hi, when I do this:

$PATH/bin/hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal [fileLocal] [fileHDFS]

I have my fileLocal but I don't know how I find fileHDFS,

I like to know the path ?

and thank you

Re: run pig on hadoop

Posted by Bharath Mundlapudi <bh...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Hiba,

The file fileHDFS will be stored under user home directory. Lets say you run this command as 'hdfsclient' user. Then it should be located at /user/hdfsclient/fileHDFS. You could also specify the actual path where you want to store the file.

Like,
$PATH/bin/hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal [fileLocal] <path-in-hdfs>/[fileHDFS]

-Bharath