Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com> on 2015/06/29 09:56:09 UTC

RE: Karaf 4.0.0 - Assembly failure => org.eclipse.osgi

Found a thread which seems to suggest to remove "standard" from boot features. What I did. Assembly leads to success but during the runtime Karaf quickly fails with the message:
Could not resolve mvn:org.eclipse/org.eclipse.osgi/3.8.2.v20130124-134944

Two things seem wrong. I don't catch why it did not complain during the assembly as the assembly should embed it. Second is that this artifact is in our local repository.

Help is welcome :)

Regards,
JP

[@@ OPEN @@]

De : Jamie G. [mailto:jamie.goodyear@gmail.com] Envoyé : samedi 27 juin 2015 03:20 À : user@karaf.apache.org Objet : [ANN] Apache Karaf 4.0.0 Released!

The Karaf team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Karaf version 4.0.0.

Apache Karaf is a small OSGi distribution which provides a ready to use container for server side applications.

Apache Karaf 4.0.0 is the first production ready version of the new
4.0.0 branch.
It's a major step forward, including a complete new features resolver, a large set of new features, improvements, and bug fixes.

http://karaf.apache.org/

This release is available from
http://karaf.apache.org/index/community/download.html#Karaf4.0.0 and

Maven:

 <dependency>
 <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
 <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
 <version>4.0.0</version>
 </dependency>

Download Note:
Our mirrors are still syncing the new kits, if your primary mirror does not have the kit please try another from the server mirror list.

Apache Karaf manuals will appear soon to the website, updates are underway.

Release Notes:
http://karaf.apache.org/index/community/download/karaf-4.0.0-release.html

Enjoy!

Re: Karaf 4.0.0 - Assembly failure => org.eclipse.osgi

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
org.eclipse.osgi is the equinox framework. You should not install this
as a bundle. Instead switch karaf to use equinox instead of felix in the
config.properties.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider