Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christopher S Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com> on 2007/05/20 22:59:07 UTC

[users@httpd] apr-util-1.2.8

Hello! Not sure if this is the right list to ask this question but i did not see one for apr-util. Forgive me if this is not the right list.
I am trying to install svn on my SLES10 box and have placed apr-util-1.2.8 in the svn directory and run configure --with-apr-util-1.2.8/configure and get this error from apr-util:
checking APR-UTIL version...
This configure script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.
expr: syntax error
./configure: line 3886: test: -ne: unary operator expected
expr: syntax error
./configure: line 3886: test: -ne: unary operator expected
expr: syntax error
./configure: line 3886: test: -ne: unary operator expected
wanted regexes are 0\.9\.[7-9] 0\.9\.1[0-9] 1\.
configure: error: invalid apr-util version found

How do i correct this so i can get svn installed? Thanks for any help

Re: [users@httpd] apr-util-1.2.8

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On May 20, 2007, at 1:59 PM, Christopher S Arnold wrote:

> Hello! Not sure if this is the right list to ask this question but
> i did not see one for apr-util. Forgive me if this is not the right
> list.

Forgiven, but I don't think we can be of much help over here.

> I am trying to install svn on my SLES10 box and have placed apr-
> util-1.2.8 in the svn directory and run configure --with-apr-
> util-1.2.8/configure and get this error from apr-util:

Look at the Subversion build instructions, they are pretty clear.
Worked for me and if I can do it you certainly can.

If you're installing server side SVN with its Apache module, you
probably want to use the APR and APR-Util that came with your web
server installation.

S.