Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/30 10:39:34 UTC

Bug in AbstractOptions of Palette?

Hello,
We encountered a small problem in our Palette.
Some of the values that were supposed to be in the choices (available and/or
selected) had the '<' and '>' .
Because of that the options weren't rendererd correctly.
Looking at AbstractAction#onComponentTagBody I saw that it takes the value
as it is and put it in the html:
String value = getConverter(displayClass).convertToString(displayValue,
getLocale());
where displayValue is Object displayValue =
renderer.getDisplayValue(choice);

In my code I overridden the getDisplayValue and getDisplayId of the
renderer:
        IChoiceRenderer choiceRenderer = new ChoiceRenderer("getFieldName",
"getFieldName") {

            @Override
            public Object getDisplayValue(Object object) {
                final String result = (String)
super.getDisplayValue(object);
                return Strings.escapeMarkup(result, true, true).toString();
            }

            @Override
            public String getIdValue(Object object, int index) {
                final String result = (String) super.getIdValue(object,
                return Strings.escapeMarkup(result, true, true).toString();
            }
        };
As you can see I took the result  and changed it with the Strings utility.

Do you think it's a bug in Wicket and I should open a Jira issue? Or is the
Palette works as wanted and my change is normal?

BTW, we use Wicket 1.3.6

Thanks

Eyal Golan
egolan74@gmail.com

Visit: http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74

P  Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary

Re: Bug in AbstractOptions of Palette?

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
Done.

 *WICKET-2407 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2407>*