Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Jason J. Ellingson" <ja...@ellingson.com> on 2008/04/19 00:00:01 UTC

Cloudmark Authority

Before I add this to bugzilla, I wanted some of the contributors' input.

If someone adds the commercial "Cloudmark Authority" plug-in, they
usually/should remove Razor from their configuration.  Razor's 2
fingerprinting tests are included in the Cloudmark plug-in.  Keeping
both would be both redundant and unnecessarily increase the spam score.

Could a change in 20_net_tests.cf be made to be something like:

ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::CMAE
  meta DIGEST_MULTIPLE CMAE_1 + DCC_CHECK + PYZOR_CHECK > 1
else
  meta DIGEST_MULTIPLE RAZOR2_CHECK + DCC_CHECK + PYZOR_CHECK > 1
endif

Without a change like this, if I remove RAZOR from the system checks, I
lose on opportunity to get the DIGEST_MULTIPLE bump in score.

Thanks

- Jason J Ellingson

Re: Cloudmark Authority

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 18/04/2008 6:00 PM, Jason J. Ellingson wrote:
> Before I add this to bugzilla, I wanted some of the contributors' input.
>
> If someone adds the commercial "Cloudmark Authority" plug-in, they
> usually/should remove Razor from their configuration.  Razor's 2
> fingerprinting tests are included in the Cloudmark plug-in.  Keeping
> both would be both redundant and unnecessarily increase the spam score.
>
> Could a change in 20_net_tests.cf be made to be something like:
>
> ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::CMAE
>   meta DIGEST_MULTIPLE CMAE_1 + DCC_CHECK + PYZOR_CHECK > 1
> else
>   meta DIGEST_MULTIPLE RAZOR2_CHECK + DCC_CHECK + PYZOR_CHECK > 1
> endif
>
> Without a change like this, if I remove RAZOR from the system checks, I
> lose on opportunity to get the DIGEST_MULTIPLE bump in score.

I would either add that rule to your local config (in your site config
directory) or ask Cloudmark to add it to the .cf file that comes with
their plugin (which would also go in your site config directory).

Redefining the meta in such a manner would achieve your desired result.

You could just use the following in either of the cases above:

ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::CMAE
  meta DIGEST_MULTIPLE CMAE_1 + DCC_CHECK + PYZOR_CHECK > 1
endif

Daryl