Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Omkar Joshi <Om...@lntinfotech.com> on 2013/08/22 09:59:01 UTC

Hadoop - impersonation doubts/issues while accessing from remote machine

For readability, I haven't posted the code, output etc. in this mail - please check the thread below :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18354664/spring-data-hadoop-connectivity

I'm trying to connect to a remote hadoop(1.1.2) cluster from my local Windows machine via Spring data(later, eclipse plug-in may also be used). In future, multiple such connections from several Windows machines are expected.

On my remote(single-node) cluster, bigdata is the user for Hadoop etc.
bigdata@cloudx-843-770:~$ groups bigdata
bigdata : bigdata
On my local Windows machine
D:\>echo %username%
298790
D:\>hostname
INFVA03351

Now if I refer to Hadoop Secure Impersonation.<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/Secure_Impersonation.html#Configurations>, does it mean I need to create a user 298790 on the cluster, add the hostname in core-site.xml etc. ??? Any less-cumbersome ways out? I tried that too on the cluster but the (partial given)output error still persists :

Aug 22, 2013 12:29:20 PM org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext prepareRefresh
INFO: Refreshing org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext@1815338: startup date [Thu Aug 22 12:29:20 IST 2013]; root of context hierarchy
Aug 22, 2013 12:29:20 PM org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions
INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [com/hadoop/basics/applicationContext.xml]
Aug 22, 2013 12:29:20 PM org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderSupport loadProperties
INFO: Loading properties file from class path resource [resources/hadoop.properties]
Aug 22, 2013 12:29:20 PM org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory preInstantiateSingletons
INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@7c197e: defining beans [org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer#0,hadoopConfiguration,wc-job,myjobs-runner,resourceLoader]; root of factory hierarchy
Aug 22, 2013 12:29:21 PM org.springframework.data.hadoop.mapreduce.JobExecutor$2 run
INFO: Starting job [wc-job]
Aug 22, 2013 12:29:21 PM org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation doAs
SEVERE: PriviledgedActionException as:bigdata via 298790 cause:org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: User: 298790 is not allowed to impersonate bigdata
Aug 22, 2013 12:29:21 PM org.springframework.data.hadoop.mapreduce.JobExecutor$2 run
WARNING: Cannot start job [wc-job]
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: User: 298790 is not allowed to impersonate bigdata
      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.$Proxy2.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:411)
      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.createRPCProxy(JobClient.java:499)
      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.init(JobClient.java:490)
      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.<init>(JobClient.java:473)
      at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job$1.run(Job.java:513)
      at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Unknown Source)
      at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1149)
      at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.connect(Job.java:511)
      at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:499)
      at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:530)
      at org.springframework.data.hadoop.mapreduce.JobExecutor$2.run(JobExecutor.java:197)
      at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
      at org.springframework.data.hadoop.mapreduce.JobExecutor.startJobs(JobExecutor.java:168)
      at org.springframework.data.hadoop.mapreduce.JobExecutor.startJobs(JobExecutor.java:160)
      at org.springframework.data.hadoop.mapreduce.JobRunner.call(JobRunner.java:52)
      at org.springframework.data.hadoop.mapreduce.JobRunner.afterPropertiesSet(JobRunner.java:44)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1541)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1479)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:521)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:458)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:295)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:292)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:194)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:628)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:932)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:479)
      at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:197)
      at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:172)
      at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:158)
      at com.hadoop.basics.WordCounter.main(WordCounter.java:58)

Regards,
Omkar Joshi

________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling code in this e-mail"

RE: Hadoop - impersonation doubts/issues while accessing from remote machine

Posted by Omkar Joshi <Om...@lntinfotech.com>.
Thanks :)

Regards,
Omkar Joshi

I've answered this on the stackoverflow link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18354664/spring-data-hadoop-connectivity

--
Harsh J

RE: Hadoop - impersonation doubts/issues while accessing from remote machine

Posted by Omkar Joshi <Om...@lntinfotech.com>.
Thanks :)

Regards,
Omkar Joshi