Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Briggs <ac...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/04 17:35:42 UTC

Limiting duplicate field occurrences to specified number

Is it possible to limit the number of duplicate field values are
returned in a search result?

To give a use case,

I have a set of products. Each product belongs to a single vendor.
When I query, I would like only n-number of results per vendor
returned.

Thanks!

<briggs />

--
"Conscious decisions by conscious minds are what make reality real"

Re: Limiting duplicate field occurrences to specified number

Posted by Briggs <ac...@gmail.com>.
Again, thanks for pointing me to the patches.  Admittedly, I am not
all that well informed in the patching world. I know how to apply them
and all that. But, I am trying to track down exactly which patches I
need to apply.

I currently have the source for Solr 1.2.  The patches are for 1.1,
1.3 and the current dev (a total of 8 patches in there).  But, there
is no tag or anything for a 1.3  The 1.3 patch does seem to
successfully apply to the 1.2 code base and compiles (though, not sure
if that will work anyway).

But, there is a: " This issue depends on: SOLR-281 Search Components
(plugins)" heading under it. Then that link shows 14 patches.

So, if you have a moment, could you list the patches that I need to
get to test this?  If not, I would be more than happy to read any
documentation how to understand the patching process.

Posted by Briggs <ac...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks!

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
perhaps: