Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 22:01:02 UTC

small question on Connection

Hi I am using tomcat connection pool. When using datasource (jdbc) do i
have to manually close the connection using Connection.close();

--
Thanks And Regards,
*Muralidhar Yaragalla.

RE: small question on Connection

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Muralidhar Yaragalla [mailto:java.yaragalla@gmail.com]
> Subject: small question on Connection

> I am using tomcat connection pool. When using datasource (jdbc) do i
> have to manually close the connection using Connection.close();

Short answer: yes.  Long (and much more comprehensive) answer:

http://blog.christopherschultz.net/index.php/2009/03/16/properly-handling-pooled-jdbc-connections/

 - Chuck