Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tim Olson <ti...@myadguys.com> on 2003/07/23 16:53:38 UTC

sitemap organization

we have a "main" pipeline which handles all requests by firstly performing
authentication and lastly performing internationalization, browser tweaking,
etc.  the middle part of the pipeline is different per page so we wanted to
organize things with a subsitemap per page (easiest maintenance).  however,
calling resources between two sitemaps doesn't seem to work (2.0.4,
interpreted sitemaps).

how can we have a global pipeline which calls out to subsitemaps for the
middle section of the pipeline?

Re: sitemap organization

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:53:38 -0400, "Tim Olson" <ti...@myadguys.com> said:
> we have a "main" pipeline which handles all requests by firstly
> performing
> authentication and lastly performing internationalization, browser
> tweaking,
> etc.  the middle part of the pipeline is different per page so we wanted
> organize things with a subsitemap per page (easiest maintenance).
> however,
> calling resources between two sitemaps doesn't seem to work (2.0.4,
> interpreted sitemaps).
>
> how can we have a global pipeline which calls out to subsitemaps for the
> middle section of the pipeline?

You could split your pipeline into three parts, the start is in your main
pipeline, and is internal only. Your subsitemap accesses this using the
cocoon: protocol in the second part. Then, back in the main sitemap, you
have the final part of your pipeline, which accesses the second part with
the cocoon: protocol, but can dynamically select which subsitemap to use
by using a URL matcher parameter (e.g. {1}).

Make sense? If you want I can send an example.

Regards, Upayavira