Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.de> on 2010/11/11 21:28:14 UTC

Repository.xml - optional doctype tag - causes warnings

Hi

The documentation says, that the doctype tag is optional (http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Repositoryconfiguration) and it is good, that this is optional. Because if the tag is set, then the validation calls home through the internet each time you start a repository - the application should not do this in my use case - so I've removed the tag.
The bad thing is, that RepositoryConfigurationParser.parseRepositoryConfig always calls parse with the validation option set to true, which leads to the following logger warnings:

2010-11-11 20:41:01,276 WARN : [ConfigurationErrorHandler] Warning parsing the configuration at line 2 using system id file:/C:/_myplace/xnsg.3.3.dev_XARC/conf/repository.xml: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element "Repository", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
2010-11-11 20:41:01,276 WARN : [ConfigurationErrorHandler] Warning parsing the configuration at line 2 using system id file:/C:/_myplace/xnsg.3.3.dev_XARC/conf/repository.xml: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document is invalid: no grammar found.

Is there any way to avoid those warnings?

Kindly regards,

Robert

AW: Repository.xml - optional doctype tag - causes warnings

Posted by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.de>.
Hi,

I'm using Jackrabbit 2.1.2..

The last points in the discussion in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1462 are very interesting.

Because Jackrabbit 2.1 requires JDK 1.5 it is now possible in my opinion to use the suggested feature from the discussion:

factory.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/dynamic", true)

It would be great, if it can be changed in the 2.1 programming...

Kindly regards,

Robert Seidel

Which versions of Jackrabbit and Java are you using? We encountered and fixed this problem already in Jackrabbit 1.2 (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-695).

> The bad thing is, that
> RepositoryConfigurationParser.parseRepositoryConfig always calls parse
> with the validation option set to true, which leads to the following
> logger warnings:

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1462 for some background on this behavior.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

RE: Repository.xml - optional doctype tag - causes warnings

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

From: Seidel. Robert [mailto:Robert.Seidel@aeb.de]