Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wayne A Christian <wa...@genesyslab.com> on 2003/03/20 17:54:30 UTC

tomcat 3 vs 4 issues

We've got a product which runs on tomcat 3.3.1.  When we attempt to run it in 4.1.18 it fails.
We think this is because the web.xml has a tld which doesn't exist in the products WEB-INF
(or anywhere) directory.  It looks like the old tomcat would silently ignore this issue.
Is there anyway to get tomcat 4.1.18 to ignore those types of errors also?  We don't
want to keep modifying the web.xml (licensing and support reasons).

Wayne Christian
Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Genesys Telecommunications Labs
2100 Gateway Centre Blvd.  Suite 300