Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2004/07/13 12:43:44 UTC

Snapshot and inter-project dependencies?

Hi,

I'm a little unsure as to the 'correct' way to handle dependencies in a
project made up of multiple sub-projects.

up to now I have been declaring dependencies to fixed versions of each
component and installing each component into the local repo e.g.
jar:install.  Is this the correct way or should I be using
jar:install-snapshot and declaring dependency versions something like
1.5-SNAPSHOT?

Do the install-snapshot goals do anything different from the normal
install goals besides adding the SNAPSHOT suffix?

cheers
Nathan