Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Klerman <kl...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/19 04:42:55 UTC

NetBeans and Derby

Hello,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question.
I'm trying to configure NetBeans 11.3 so it can be used with Derby.
I guess that Derby is correctly installed, as I can execute commands with
its utilities in the Ubuntu Terminal.
I registered the Derby software in NetBeans, with Databases/Java
Db/Properties.
NetBeans created a sample database automatically, but when I try to connect
to it with Database Connection/Connect, I always get a message saying that
a suitable jdbc client driver can't he found.
Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Java 11.0.6
Apache Netbeans 11.3
Derby 10.15.1.3

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Klerman Gutierrez

Re: NetBeans and Derby

Posted by Richard Grin <Ri...@univ-cotedazur.fr>.
Hello,

Do you use Payara?

Richard

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

Re: NetBeans and Derby

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.
Yeah, it is not the easiest thing - which jar from the derby installation did you use to create the connection?

> On 19 Mar 2020, at 04:42, Klerman <kl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question.
> I'm trying to configure NetBeans 11.3 so it can be used with Derby.
> I guess that Derby is correctly installed, as I can execute commands with its utilities in the Ubuntu Terminal.
> I registered the Derby software in NetBeans, with Databases/Java Db/Properties.
> NetBeans created a sample database automatically, but when I try to connect to it with Database Connection/Connect, I always get a message saying that a suitable jdbc client driver can't he found.
> Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
> Java 11.0.6
> Apache Netbeans 11.3
> Derby 10.15.1.3
>
> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Klerman Gutierrez

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024. Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.