Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kalcevich, Daniel" <dk...@firstam.com> on 2006/03/16 23:25:53 UTC

[OT] JSTL question

I am trying to access a session object where the key is the field
"ACCOUNT_PROFILE_SESSION_ATTRIBUTE" in a Constants JAVA file called
"GlobalConstants".  I created a wrapper around it that extends Map
(JSTLConstants) to contain all the constants so I could access it via
JSTL.  I am trying to do the following:

<jsp:useBean id="GlobalConstants" class="com.JSTLConstants"/>

<c:set var="accountProfile"
value="${GlobalConstants.ACCOUNT_PROFILE_SESSION_ATTRIBUTE}"
scope="page"/>

<c:out value="${sessionScope[accountProfile].accountName}"/>

My question is, how can I use the
GlobalConstants.ACCOUNT_PROFILE_SESSION_ATTRIBUTE value to lookup my
object in the Session using JSTL?

Dan

RE: [OT] JSTL question

Posted by Ruben Cepeda <ru...@hotmail.com>.
Daniel,

I often can across this problem in my development and found that a possible
solution is to use the
runtime-based version of the JSTL.

<%@ taglib prefix="c_rt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core_rt" %>

<c_rt:out value="<%= GlobalConstants.ACCOUNT_PROFILE_SESSION_ATTRIBUTE %>"/>

It does involve scriplet but which is it's main down fall.  Hope it helps

Ruben Cepeda
ruben_cepeda@hotmail.com