Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com> on 2004/12/06 19:13:41 UTC

Cocoon portal tabs

Hi,

I am using cocoon portal features. In my portal page I have tabs. When I
choose "portal" it goes to the first tab in my application. I want the
application to go to different tabs depending on which user is logged
in. so when I redirect to portal after I login . I tried
	<map:rediect-to uri="portal?id=tab2"/>

but that didnt work. When I use hyperlinks that say <a
href="portal?id=tab2" it goes to the respective tab. Not sure why
redirect-to is not working..

Can someone please help me how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Anna.

Re: Cocoon portal tabs

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
pguillard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If i guess right? you use Portal Page Labels and have set "id" instead
> of "pageLabel" in PageLabelManager component in cocoon.xconf?
> I personnaly use bookmarks after login, and i don't see how it would
> be different with pageLabels, but a suggestion: pageLabel had a bug on
> unmaed portal tabs and a patch has been furnished, so eventually look
> at http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?view=rev&rev=109890.
>

> Phil

Interesting.  From the description I was guessing that bookmarks are
being used (see the last Q & A on the bookmark wiki page).  I didn't
reply because I don't use them.  I guess a little clarification is needed.

Ralph

Re: Cocoon portal tabs

Posted by pguillard <pg...@soociety.com>.
Hi,

Re: Cocoon portal tabs

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
What do you have in layout/portal.xml?  When you your portal is displayed
and you manually select the tab that that you want login to go to, what
url shows in the address bar?

Ralph

Re: Cocoon portal tabs

Posted by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com>.
In portal.xml in copletdata I have the following

<coplet-data id="quotehistory" name="standard">
      <title>Security Quote History:</title>
      <coplet-base-data>URICoplet</coplet-base-data>
      <attribute>
      	<name>uri</name>
      	<value xsi:type="java:java.lang.String"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">cocoon:/coplets/search/quotehistory.xsp</value>
      </attribute>
   </coplet-data>

Is  the id mentioned here the id we can use for pageLabel in redirect-to
uri?

Thanks,
Anna.

Re: Cocoon portal tabs

Posted by Philippe Guillard <pg...@soociety.com>.

Re: Cocoon portal tabs

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
1. With <named-item name="QuoteHistory"> the url you should be going to is
"portal?pageLabel=QuoteHistory".
2. You do not have PageLabels configured. Please look at
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/PortalPageLabels.  The link should not
contain cocoon-portal-action unless you specifically do not want the back
button to work. It also does not show the pageLabel request parameter.

Ralph

Re: Cocoon portal tabs

Posted by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com>.

Re: Cocoon portal tabs