Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com> on 2008/04/08 01:10:41 UTC

StandardTokenizerConstants in 2.3

I'm migrating from 2.1 to 2.3 and found that the public interface
StandardTokenizerConstants has gone.  It looks like the definitions have
disappeared inside the package private class StandardTokenizerImpl.

Was this intentional?  I was using these to determine the returns values from
Token.type().

Antony

Re: StandardTokenizerConstants in 2.3

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.
Thanks Mike/Hoss for the clarification.
Antony

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Re: StandardTokenizerConstants in 2.3

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.
> But, StandardTokenizer is public?  It "exports" those constants for you?

Really?  Sorry, but I can't find them - in 2.3.1 sources, there are no
references to those statics.  Javadocs have no reference to them in
StandardTokenizer

http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_3_1/api/org/apache/lucene/analysis/standard/StandardTokenizer.html

and I can't see ALPHANUM in the Javadoc index.  Eclipse cannot resolve them.

Am I missing something?
Antony

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Unfortunately, we lost the StandardTokenizerConstants interface as
part of this:

which was a speedup to StandardTokenizer by switching to JFlex instead
of JavaCC.