Posted to users@maven.apache.org by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 07:42:28 UTC

How can I generate a POM file for dependency?

Some dependencies downloaded by Maven would not contain POM file, so every
time I run Maven compile, it will try to get the POM file from remote
repository. How can I generate a POM file for them?

Re: How can I generate a POM file for dependency?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
You need to install a local repository manager (e.g. nexus, archivia, etc)
and use it to mirror the repo without the pom.

You can then install the pom into your mirror.

AFAIK, opnce an artifact has been deployed without a pom, a pom cannot be
deployed for it without breaking builds, so if the artifact has been
released for a long time you should not push a pom for that artifact into
the repository.

The correct way to handle that problem is to re-release with a different
version number and this time deploy the pom.

-Stephen

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.
I want to download these jars from remote reposiroty and then generate POM
automatically. The method you mensioned is to installed the jar by hand.  I

Posted by Ch...@aami.com.au.

youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> wrote on 15/04/2008 15:42:28:

> Some dependencies downloaded by Maven would not contain POM file, so
every
> time I run Maven compile, it will try to get the POM file from remote
> repository. How can I generate a POM file for them?

CAUTION - This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must:
- Not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee;
- Notify the sender via return email; and
- Delete the message (and any related attachments) from your computer immediately.

Internet emails are not necessarily secure. Australian Associated Motors Insurers Limited ABN 92 004 791 744 (AAMI), and its related entities, do not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Unless otherwise stated, views expressed within this email are the author's own and do not represent those of AAMI.