Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ramesh Bobba <ra...@transerainc.com> on 2006/06/08 20:34:06 UTC

Broker hangs on addConnector

Hi,

I am trying to run an embedded broker in my code that runs under tomcat.
I do the following and it runs fine in windows but hangs at startup at
addConnector on linux. Anything I am doing wrong?

           broker.setDataDirectory(new File("/opt/data"));

            broker.setDeleteAllMessagesOnStartup(true);

            broker.setPersistent(true);

            broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:9988");

            broker.setBrokerName("testbroker");

            broker.start();

It is never getting out of the addConnector call.

Regards,

Ramesh K Bobba

Sr. Software Engineer

  <http://www.transerainc.com/>

10101 N. DeAnza Blvd., Suite 100

Cupertino, CA 95014

(w)408.873.1984x108

(f)408.873.7412

(c)510.579.0001

Re: Broker hangs on addConnector

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Which version are you using? There was a bug a few months ago that
addConnector() would sometimes try start the broker's persistence
engine which would cause a full recovery to start.

--

James
-------