Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2007/05/15 08:14:42 UTC

Re: Releasing Cocoon 2.2-RC1

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>> There was some discussion off-list when the next series of C22 modules
>> will happen. I plan to do the release work next week but have to spend
>> the next two days on fixing things here and there and to get the 2.2
>> documentation online because I don't want to release anything that we
>> label "release candidate" without having some minimal documentation at
>> least.
>>
>> I will keep you posted about my progress on Thursday of Friday.
>
> Sorry, I can't prepare the release this week. Maybe this isn't too bad
> because we have time to work on Cocoon next week (ApacheCon) and this
> also gives us some time to polish the servlet-service-impl and forms.
>
> My current plan is to work on the release starting with May, 7th.

I will start with the release work tommorrow. Basically I will set the version
of _all_  artifacts to RC1, except for the Cocoon Maven plugin because it needs
more tests and has a dependency (commons-jci) that still isn't available on the
central Maven repository.

I'm not sure about cocoon-forms and cocoon-ajax. I'd prefer releasing another
milestone release because we haven't got much feedback yet.

WDYT? Any showstoppers?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Releasing Cocoon 2.2-RC1

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz pisze:
> I will start with the release work tommorrow. Basically I will set the
> version of _all_  artifacts to RC1, except for the Cocoon Maven plugin
> because it needs more tests and has a dependency (commons-jci) that
> still isn't available on the central Maven repository.
>
> I'm not sure about cocoon-forms and cocoon-ajax. I'd prefer releasing
> another milestone release because we haven't got much feedback yet.

+1

> WDYT? Any showstoppers?

I'm not sure about servlet-service-fw. I was little bit busy last days so I haven't polished components calling services. If we release RC I
guess that I will not able to finish them before final of servlet-service-fw is released, right?

I don't want to delay release process so I would like see only COCOON-2050 resolved before 1.0.0 is released. Having minimal implementation
of these components is really important and will give us more time to work on stuff mentioned in COCOON-2046.

When COCOON-2046 is fully resolved we could just release servlet-service-components as 1.1.0. WDYT?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski