Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 10:44:05 UTC

Issues with extraction content of PDF files

Hi,

I'm indexing some PDF documents in Solr. However, for certain PDF files,
there are chinese text in the documents, but after indexing, what is
indexed in the content is either a series of "??????" or an empty content.

What could be the reason that causes this?

I've shared one of the file with the issue on dropbox, which you can access
via the link here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rufi9esmnsmzhmw/Desmophen%2B670%2BBAe.pdf?dl=0

Regards,
Edwin

Re: Issues with extraction content of PDF files

Posted by Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply and advice.

I've drop a note to the PDFBox user list too. Will update here also if I
find any solutions from there.

Regards,
Edwin