Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by "Rancier, Jeff" <Je...@Sensis.com> on 2006/01/10 16:01:46 UTC

Using libxerces-c.so in plain C

Greetings,

I did search the FAQ to no avail.  Is is possible to use the shared
object from a C application, as opposed to a C++ application?

Thanks

Re: Using libxerces-c.so in plain C

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
At 10:01 AM 1/10/2006 -0500, Rancier, Jeff wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I did search the FAQ to no avail.  Is is possible to use the shared
>object from a C application, as opposed to a C++ application?

Hi Jeff,
Xerces-C is a C++ library, so even if it is technically possible to
invoke its methods from a C application once you retrieve the mangled
name, it's something I wouldn't suggest to anyone... Have you looked
at libxml2 (http://xmlsoft.org/)?

Alberto