Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de> on 2006/08/14 13:51:40 UTC

web site problem with thorsten's redirection.

fyi, my firefox complains when i click on the documentation->1.4 tab:

"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
address in a way that will never complete.
*   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to
accept cookies."

regards,

jörn

--
"I don't need backups. I need restore!" - Trad.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: web site problem with thorsten's redirection.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El lun, 14-08-2006 a las 15:25 +0200, Joern Nettingsmeier escribió:
> Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> > fyi, my firefox complains when i click on the documentation->1.4 tab:
> >

> > "The page isn't redirecting properly
> > Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
> > address in a way that will never complete.
> > *   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to
> > accept cookies."
>
> site/.htaccess says:
>
> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> RedirectMatch /1_2_x  http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_2_x
> RedirectMatch /1_4  http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_4
>
> this is wrong. RedirectMatch is a full regex matcher, not a prefix
> matcher, and the "/1_2_X" happens to match the redirect target as well.
> baaaaad.

Right, well spotted.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I had
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lenya-dev&m=115524493925073&w=2 as last
thing on my todo list (late at night) and consulting
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/site-author/content/.htaccess?revision=430606&view=markup I mixed it up.

> the correct way is to either use Redirect or have a proper regex.
>
> Redirect permanent /1_2_x http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_2_x
> Redirect permanent /1_4 http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_4

Yes, doh, sorry again
"# Some convenience URLs.
Redirect /docs http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70
Redirect /howto http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/howto" is the same.

Like you stated above is how I wanted to commit it originally the second time.
Have done it now to the source.

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: web site problem with thorsten's redirection.

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-due.de>.