Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jukka Ignatius <ju...@napa.fi> on 2005/08/11 11:06:19 UTC

Inline figure

Hello!

Is there a way to define vertical align for a inline figure in FOP?

As I checked from the compliance page, all the "Area Alignment
Properties" seem to be partially or not at all supported. As you
probably all know, by default fo:external-graphic aligns as follows
(sorry the terrible ascii demonstration, hope you get the picture ;)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Etiam
          ________
pulvinar. |      | Nunc neque. Donec tortor metus, mollis id,
          |______|
interdum eu, scelerisque nec, orci. Cras dolor nibh, facilisis.

And i would like to have those inline figure more like:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Etiam
          ________
          |      |
pulvinar. |______| Nunc neque. Donec tortor metus, mollis id,

interdum eu, scelerisque nec, orci. Cras dolor nibh, facilisis.

Any suggestions?

best rgds,

--
Jukka Ignatius
Napa Ltd

Re: Inline figure

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 11.08.2005 12:15:33 Jukka Ignatius wrote:
> So at the moment we're eagerly waiting for the 1.0DR1 to come out. Is
> the "Current Status of FOP" -page up to date at the moment? ("However,
> we think that at the current rate of progress we can start releasing
> again in the second half of 2005.")

Since we're planning a first preview release (not a stable release) within
the next couple of months, yes, this still applies. See also:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPNews

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Inline figure

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I'm afraid you're out of luck with FOP 0.20.5. See here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=105406458432749&w=2

If you're adventurous, you can try the current development code directly
from the Subversion repository. It's implemented there. No guarantees
about other problems occuring if you try that. This is still
work-in-progress.

On 11.08.2005 11:06:19 Jukka Ignatius wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a way to define vertical align for a inline figure in FOP?
>
> As I checked from the compliance page, all the "Area Alignment
> Properties" seem to be partially or not at all supported. As you
> probably all know, by default fo:external-graphic aligns as follows
> (sorry the terrible ascii demonstration, hope you get the picture ;)

> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Etiam
>           ________
> pulvinar. |      | Nunc neque. Donec tortor metus, mollis id,
>           |______|
> interdum eu, scelerisque nec, orci. Cras dolor nibh, facilisis.
>
> And i would like to have those inline figure more like:

> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Etiam
>           ________
>           |      |
> pulvinar. |______| Nunc neque. Donec tortor metus, mollis id,
>
> interdum eu, scelerisque nec, orci. Cras dolor nibh, facilisis.
>
> Any suggestions?

Jeremias Maerki