Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com> on 2007/12/24 14:57:18 UTC

multi-connector capability for HTTPS in Tomcat

Hi,

Does Tomcat support multi-connector capabilities for HTTPS?

"Edit The Tomcat Configuration File" section in Tomcat's User-Guide
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html
<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html> ) gives
impression that Tomcat could be configured using multiple connectors to
support HTTPS protocols on multiple ports simultaneously.

Your expert advise/suggestion are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Hitesh

RE: multi-connector capability for HTTPS in Tomcat

Posted by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com>.
Thank you very much Mark for kind help.

I tried. It works fine.

Regards,
-Hitesh

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hitesh Raghav <Hi...@symantec.com>.
Hi Mark,

I'm little confused about it.

Let assume my m/c ip is: 10.212.85.8
SSL connector are configured on ports: 8443 & 8553

I need to deploy one web app (myapp01.war) on port 8443 and another on
web app (myapp02.war) on 8553. Is there any way to configure to access
these web apps as:
https://10.212.85.8:8443/myapp01/
and
https://10.212.85.8:8553/myapp02/

Please find enclosed my conf file (i.e. server.xml) for reference.

Please let me know in case any other details are needed.

Thanks,
-Hitesh

> Does Tomcat support multi-connector capabilities for HTTPS?

Yes.

> "Edit The Tomcat Configuration File" section in Tomcat's User-Guide
> (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html
> <http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html> ) gives
> impression that Tomcat could be configured using multiple connectors
> to support HTTPS protocols on multiple ports simultaneously.

You can have multiple SSL connectors. Whilst connectors can listen on
multiple addresses, there can only be one connector listening on each
address/port combination.

Mark

Re: multi-connector capability for HTTPS in Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.