Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "David J. O'Dell" <do...@videoegg.com> on 2009/11/22 03:48:47 UTC

Non DFS Used?

We have a new cluster running 0.20.1 that I just started loading and I
noticed that my non DFS used is higher than DFS used.
Configured Capacity : 110.08 TB
DFS Used : 4.28 TB
Non DFS Used : 5.58 TB

It can't be any files left over from mapred jobs because I've only been
running a few for testing.
What comprises non dfs used and how to I manage it?

Re: Non DFS Used?

Posted by Y G <gy...@gmail.com>.
DFS Used: file stored in DFS in dn
non DFS used: Total used space by data nodes for non DFS purposes such as
storing temporary files on the local file system such as map intermediate
output.
-----
天天开心
身体健康

Ted Turner <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/ted_turner.html>  -
"Sports is like a war without the killing."