Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@progress.com> on 2009/01/19 11:41:30 UTC

propagation of trunk commits to 2.0.x-fixes

Folks,

Are commits to trunk still propagated to 2.0.x-fixes, or is it just 2.1.x-fixes that's actively maintained now?

Cheers,
Eoghan

Re: propagation of trunk commits to 2.0.x-fixes

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 19 January 2009 5:41:30 am Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Are commits to trunk still propagated to 2.0.x-fixes, or is it just
> 2.1.x-fixes that's actively maintained now?

I've been doing SOME merging of stuff to 2.0.x to keep the option of a 2.0.10
open.   It's just hasn't been a high priority as it seems most folks have
transitioned to 2.1.x fairly successfully.

The main places I see that may warrant a 2.0.10 would be:

1) any critical showstoppers and/or security issues found, obviously.

2) Major integration "partners" - things like ServiceMix, Camel, Geronimo,
etc...   If they need some fixes for their older supported versions based on
2.0.x, it's probably good to provide it.

3) If some users bug us enough, that would show some demand.

Also, some of the stuff I'm working on is for customers/clients of Progress
and some of them may demand backporting of fixes to older versions.
Likewise, other commiters may have similar commitments.    They may not
result in releases being required here, but getting the fixes there so if we
DO want to do a release is a good thing.

In any case, I think the 2.0.x series should transition to a more "on demand"
release schedule of fixes instead of the set timeframe type thing.   Or, if
we want to do timeframe, maybe extend the timeframe out to once a quarter or
similar.   What are other peoples thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: propagation of trunk commits to 2.0.x-fixes

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I have the same question , is 2.0.x-fixes going to retire ?
Do we have any release plan for 2.0.10 beside the coming up 2.1.4 ?

thanks,

Willem