Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Aaron Levin <aa...@stripe.com> on 2018/08/15 15:59:28 UTC

Scala 2.12 Support

Hello!

I'm wondering if there is anywhere I can see Flink's roadmap for Scala 2.12
support. The last email I can find on the list for this was back in
January, and the FLINK-7811[0], the ticket asking for Scala 2.12 support,
hasn't been updated in a few months.

Recently Spark fixed the ClosureCleaner code to support Scala 2.12[1], and
from what I can gather this was one of the main barrier for Flink
supporting Scala 2.12. Given this has been fixed, is there work in progress
to support Scala 2.12? Any updates on FLINK-7811?

Thanks for your help!

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-14540

Best,

Aaron Levin

Re: Scala 2.12 Support

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
Hi Aaron,

we just released Flink 1.6 and the discussion for the roadmap of 1.7
will begin soon. I guess the Jira issue will also updated then. I would
recommend to watch it for now.

Regards,
Timo

Re: Scala 2.12 Support